With the national lockdown announced again, many households will suffer from deteriorating mental health and Domestic Abuse. Many are trapped with abusers and unable to reach out for help, Break the Silence offers that help to support those in need. Everybody has the basic human right to live without fear or threat of violence in there homes no matter the reasons or conditions. Domestic abuse is common: it can happen to anyone, regardless of age, social class, race, disability, or lifestyle. It happens in both heterosexual and homosexual relationships. In the UK, the police recorded over 1,000,000 million incidents of domestic abuse in 2017 (Crime Survey for England and Wales, 2017) and studies have estimated that the police receive one call about domestic abuse every minute (Stanko 2000). In Yorkshire, there were around 95,000 incidents reported to the police during 2016. However, only a minority of physical incidents of domestic abuse are actually reported to the police, varying between 23% (Walby and Allen, 2004) and 35% (Home Office 2002). It can also take a long time for victims to report incidents and some studies have shown that a woman will typically experience up to 35 incidents of domestic abuse over 7 years before reporting this to the police.
Please consider a subscription to Break the Silence to help support our continuing efforts within the community. We are currently self funding and to date have unfortunately received no funding from any funding agencies
£5 a month - https://py.pl/2Hw4Rm
£10 a month - https://py.pl/hpOeU
Supporting us helps Break the Silence to combat domestic abuse! Remember every penny helps...
• A £3 donation would see a family are supported for the entire week
• A £5.00 donation would see a family supported for the week and basic emergency essentials such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, and cleaning products
• A £10 donation would see a family supported for the week some basic emergency items plus some basic essentials such as basic household items such as toilet roll, and deodorant or baby food depending on the families needs.
• A £20 donation would support our families for 2 weeks and provide 2 weeks of basic emergency supplies, clothes, and underwear.
Families fleeing domestic abuse often leave in the height of CRISIS, without anything apart from the clothes on their backs - afraid to go back, afraid to even see their abuser...
• A £40 donation would secure safe accommodation for those who are fleeing domestic abuse.
To donate please click here : https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=6KWW5RQX6VYAW
Direct Deposit is available on request.
To contact BTS for any other reason please email : email@example.com